Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mothers' Day

Mothers' day is coming in a month. I've decided that this year, I'm celebrating all of the women who have been a 'mother' to me. A mother is more than some lady who gives birth to a child. A mother is someone who can teach and love a child. I am ever so grateful for my mother! When I was younger, we butted heads a bit, but she taught me and raised me well. I am forever in her debt. She helped turn me into the woman I am today. I love you, Mom. Thank you for everything!!! So I'm making Mothers' day cards for every lady who has been helpful that I still keep in touch with. Here's pictures of the ones I've made already. My mother's is not being posted for several reasons. 1) I still need to make it. I'm putting a lot of thought into hers. 2) She reads this blog at times, and I don't want her to see it before she gets it in the mail. Thanks to all ladies and women who truly love children!


This one is for a woman who helped me when I lived in Colorado. She was there for me when my husband was deployed and welcomed me into her family. Hers is not a card, it's just a page, but I think she'll still love it.


This one is for my mother-in-law. I think that the elegant feel will be good for her.


And this card is for my other friend out in Colorado. She is such a great lady also! She always has a smile and is always up for a chat and walk.

Here's some of the cards. Now all that's left is my mum... I better get thinkin'!

1 comment:

  1. I love the cards girl! They are so very pretty! I'm glad i see your post so I remember to do something for all my mothers :) At least you got a lot of paper for all that $ - You make me want to do something artsy this weekend. I think i'm gonna paint something for my friend's new house. Much love!

    ReplyDelete