Friday, March 4, 2011

Kuwait's 50/20 Celebration

Kuwait had it's 50/20 celebration! What that means is that they had their 50th national day and their 20th liberation day. My day started off with this yummy meal that one of my friends gave me. I had made mention I was hungry, and he said, "Here. Take this." I felt so bad, but he wouldn't let me not take it.

It was actually really good. I was a little worried to try the food, but it was delicious! Wow. I had no clue it could be that good. I'm glad I was adventurous and tried it.

This here a picture of some random people from in the middle east. I was informed that these flags are from Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait. The unity that they felt towards each other was wonderful. One actually said, "I will give my life for you." I was told that that is no small thing.

These are some of my dear, close friends out here. We'll call the one on the left Checkers and the one on the right Spike. lol. They'll kill me if they ever read this... :D











I hope you enjoy the pictures. I caught myself off guard and actually went out and celebrated. People were everywhere! The traffic was stop and go and mainly stop. People were walking up and down in the middle of the road. If your window was opened, they would spray you with a water gun. It was so enjoyable. Music was everywhere. People were dancing on the side of the road, and it was a once in a lifetime experience. I'm glad I went and became a part of history.

3 comments:

  1. I totally enjoy these posts. I feel like I can be a part of your awesome life so very far away. but no matter how far away you are, always remember that your Daddy loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that seemed pretty cool! The food looked weird but i'm glad you are being adventurous! I am glad to finally see some pics of your peeps so i can have something in my head when you talk about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooo cool. You get to tell your kids someday that you were there for such a big-time party!

    ReplyDelete