Thursday, February 24, 2011

What I've Been Up To Lately

So lately, it's been work, work, school, and more work which is fine by me. It's a good life when I can do my job and enjoy my time. Anyways, I've had a few fun adventures and some pictures to share. My friend from Utah mailed me out a Valentine's Day package. I knew she was sending me some stuff, but I didn't know that it was for Valentine's Day. It had come and passed and then I got it. And it was so awesome! I thought I had been forgotten and then this showed up. I would have to say that a year or two ago, I would have thought, "It's okay." But now, after all the people I'm meeting, I love it! It means so much to me! The artwork is wonderful and just what my room needed. Thank you, my friend!
I went to church the other day. That's another thing that is wonderful. I was able to change my day off to go to church every week. Apparently, we have monthly pot lucks. Someone brought Mountain Dew, and I was so excited! The DFAC only has coke products, so it was a good treat. I grabbed one and took it home. I was so excited and proud of my discovery. When I opened it and drank it, I almost spit it out. I know that sodas taste different in different countries, but they really messed up the Mountain Dew. It was just pathetic. But the can was really pretty and had cool arabic writing on it.
Basically, it's the same for Coke. They pretty much suck at making Coke also, but it's not as bad as Mountain Dew. I got this one from church also. I'd never had coke out of a bottle before, so I figured I'd try it. It had a lid that popped off, and in the process, I ended up with a fair amount of coke on me and my dress. Oops... Sounds typical for me. The pictures didn't do so well since the bottle is clear, but I thought I'd try.

And then one of my favorites. They sell knock off purses here, and it's AWESOME! So I bought myself an orange purse. Now orange can be a difficult color. If it's not done properly, it looks awful. I took quite a while looking for a purse that was decent, but I found this one with a matching wallet. I wasn't too sure of it at first, but I took it. Now, I'm in love. I don't think you could separate me from it. The drop cloth is actually a scarf that I bought in the airport at Bahrain. I had to fly there for a day for work. (Pretty cool, right?)

That's a short quick summary. Hope you've been doing well!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your aren't drinking too much soda ;) That mt. dew can does look frikn' cool...mm mt. dew. Makes me want a diet one. I'm glad you got a V-day care package! I really like your faux purse too! I'm not into coach but that one is a fun color and is cute! I at least like that one much better than the ones with the "C"s all over it.

    ReplyDelete