Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Where does the time go?!?

How does the time disappear so quickly now? I remember being a child and how it took FOREVER (no exaggeration) to get to Christmas or any date of any kind. Now, I wonder how to slow down the time. I mean it. Isn't it still January... or maybe February? How did the end of April arrive? I intend to post pictures and stuff for the blog, but when I turn around to do it, I realize it's been a month later! PS- the pics are still coming. I got my camera back finally.
When questioning my co-workers about my experiences, I was informed that as I continue to grow older, time will continue to move faster. Now I understand a little better the words in the song sung by Kenny Chesney:
Don't blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your "better half"
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink
What the song forgets is that blinking is instinctive and protective. Guess I'll have to watch life fly by and try to figure out how to savor every moment!!!

1 comment:

  1. i feel ya on that! it doesn't seem possible how fast the time goes. I need to blog too since i've been guilty of slacking fo sho. Always happy to read your blog when you post though!

    ReplyDelete